Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hello again

I feel like a broken record here; blogging is just not meant for me. But it is nice to fill you in on what's going on in my life (probably will be even more handy while I am in Scotland), so I will keep at it.

Well I will update you on my scholarship fund. I haven't been good at keeping an exact total, but it is somewhere in the $800-850 range. Not bad! I am working on one final scholarship application as well, so (fingers crossed) I will get some money there.

One of my newer donations to the fund came from my good friend Courtney! I was very happy to paint her the picture below for her soon-to-be new apartment. Hopefully her house hunting is going well, but I will be sad to see her go off to Atlanta soon.



Not much else is going on here. I went to a conference for KMHA (Kentucky Museum and Heritage Association) this week which was a really good experience, and I LOVED Maysville and Augusta. They have done a great job of keeping their historic downtowns preserved. I am also heading off again soon, this time to Florida! One of my roommates from college is getting married. I found a really great deal with Southwest, so I will be heading down there next week. I will be celebrating my birthday on her wedding day (which is fine with me, because I don't really want the attention because I am starting to feel OLD!)

Well, if anyone is wanting a birthday wish list, I have a short list of ideas:
-money
-Eliza Doolittle's CD
-Target gift card
-new ear buds for my iPod

If you don't feel like shopping, money will be more than acceptable. I will need to buy a lot of things once I get to Scotland.  Also, along with your gift, if you would want to add on some old books, magazines, movies, cds or video games you don't want anymore, I would be happy to take them off your hands and exchange them at Half Price Books for some extra cash. (Just a little extra idea for de-cluttering for you and some extra cash for me)

Well, I wouldn't lie, I probably won't update this for a while. But again, if anyone wants to ask me for a painting, tutoring in Spanish, dog sitting or baby sitting, just let me know! And thanks Aunt Kathlene for asking me to dog sit. Hopefully Sassy is back to her normal happy self now that her family is home!

1 comment:

  1. I also meant to add on to the post that you should check out Dalton Ghetti's artwork. It is incredible. You don't get the full effect with the pictures because the are zoomed in so much. The sculptures are so small you sometimes need that picture there to help figure out what it is. Just really incredible!

    http://www.funnrock.com/funblog/2010/08/an-unbelievable-pencil-sculptures-by-dalton-ghetti/

    ReplyDelete