Sunday, November 6, 2011

Guy Fawkes

I got to celebrate Guy Fawkes Day for the first time yesterday!! It was really exciting =)

Basically (for all my friends and fam back home that are looking at this), Guy Fawkes planned to blow up the Parliament building in London because he didn't like that Catholicism was no longer the official religion. He failed, was tried and sentenced to death. The Brits celebrate this every year by having big bonfires, sometimes throwing a scarecrow version of Guy Fawkes on top to burn (I didn't see this bit), and having firework shows. Here's a link if you want to know more about the holiday.

 I had a lot of fun going to a park in Dundee with some people from my course. The fireworks were really impressive! They lasted nearly 30 minutes! I've uploaded a short video of the fireworks below and a picture of us at the park. Hope everyone had a good weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment