Thursday, March 15, 2012

Exhibition opening!

I haven't updated this thing properly in quite some time, and so I think an update on my group exhibition opening is a good post to make!!

Aside from a few minor hiccups, everything went really smoothly and I am so proud of the work we did. Since most of my family and friends back home (and in Spain!) won't be able to see the exhibition I will give you a look here on my blog. (Isn't technology wonderful?)
Intro panel
 Exhibition entrance
 Pierhead painting and education table
 Boat in a bottle, gansey and pierhead painting
 Rope work
 Scrimshaw
 Trinkets, baskets and mats
 Interactive rag rug making area! (Good thinking on this Louise, very popular!)
 In the home case (kist, socks, cross stitch, fisher folk dress, doll, cradle and rag rug)
Model boats, dolls and a basket
 The bench Fraser built us! There were sea shanties you could listen to from the headphones attached to the bench. Also have a basket disco ball hanging above! haha =) (i believe the basket was actually to let people know your nets were cast out.)
And finally a label for a polished whale's tooth I cut out. I was particularly proud of this label because it actually came out straight! lol =) I realize it is sideways, but I don't know how to fix it.

Well, I hope you enjoyed the virtual exhibition I put together. I think I'm too tired to actually go into the info about the crafts and how they tie into fisher family life. Hope you enjoy the pictures!!

::UPDATE::
Also, check out the poster I designed!


7 comments:

  1. Looks very professionally done. I'd love to see this exhibit in person. Congratulations to you and all the team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I'll definitely have to make a trip to Anstruther soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to see this in person as I'm sure the photos don't do it justice. Love you and good job to you and your crew. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you all! I think we are all really pleased with and proud of the outcome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! I'd love to see it in person, too! Thanks for this update so that I can see pictures. I really like the NK to KN logo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, I think it looks really nice as well, and we thought it subtly looked like a whale jawbone which tied in nicely with the theme =)

    ReplyDelete