Monday, August 13, 2012

Olympic Update

The Olympics are now over. Did anyone watch "Spicy Girls" at the closing ceremony?

I have had a ton of people looking at my last post (check out the stats below!) So I though I would post an update about my top olympians! Gabby Douglas had already won her 2 golds when I wrote last, so I will just talk about the other 4 athletes.

HULK

Hulk (and the rest of the Brazilian football team) won silver medals, losing to Mexico in the finals 2-1. Hulk did get Brazil their one goal though! And since 12 people from Mexico checked out this blog last week, let me just say:
iFelicidades Mexico en su medalla de oro!

Ricardo Santos

Sadly, Ricardo and his partner did not get a medal. They lost to the Germans, Brink and Reckermann, who beat another Brazilian team in the finals to take home gold. Who would have thought Germany would win gold in beach volleyball?


Del Potro

My wish came true and Del Potro won bronze. Glad he didn't go away empty handed! Also, it should be interesting to see who is number one at the end of the year with a different player winning each of the slams and Murray winning the Olympics.
 (And is it just me, or does anyone else think Del Potro es un guapeton?)

Keri Walsh and Misty May-Treanor 

Finally, we have Keri Walsh and Misty May-Treanor, and they did not disappoint me! They won gold again by beating another team from the USA in the finals. I don't remember the names of the girls on the other team, but I didn't like their attitudes, so even though it would have been a gold for the USA either way, I was happy to see Keri Walsh and Misty May-Treanor get it again!


No comments:

Post a Comment