Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Scottish Fisheries Museum

Today in class we were asked to break into 3 group which will each work on creating exhibits in museums around the area. I chose to work on the Fisherman Folk Art exhibition which I am really excited about! We went to the museum today to take a tour (it is about 20 minutes outside of St Andrews in a town called Anstruther), and I was quite impressed with the museum. We are just getting started, so all the details are really up in the air aside from the subject of the exhibition (mentioned above) and the opening date which will be March 15th. I'll keep you posted on the progression of our project, but for now I'll just leave you with the museum's website =)

Scottish Fisheries Museum

(Also, the town is quite famous for having what is supposed to be the best fish and chip shop in all of Scotland and a tour ship that will take you out to an island where you get to see PUFFINS!!! I am keen on experiencing both!)

No comments:

Post a Comment