Friday, October 14, 2011

1 month!

I left for Scotland one month ago! I can't believe I have been here that long. It seems shorter! This year is going to go by fast!!

There really isn't too much else to report on. I guess I will do another list of some highlights of the week.

1. Twice this week, people misheard me when I told them I am from Kentucky. Instead, they thought I said I was from Turkey and Belgium!

2. I got a nice 128 pound refund from my uni! Not sure what for, but I used some of that money to buy some boots =)

3. For some reason, when the fire alarm went off at 6.30 in the morning yesterday my brain told my hand to pick up my hair brush and take it with me as I exited the building... obviously I can't think of what would be most valuable to grab that early in the morning!

4. I am going to a tea party to celebrate St. Helwig's day this weekend. Pretty sure this will be the only time I celebrate St. Helwig's day!

5. These are the cookies I am going to attempt to make to take to the party! Nutella gooey butter cookies!! I'll let you know how they turn out, because they look super tasty!


Hope everyone has a good weekend! I'm planning on getting the rest of my research done, hopefully starting a draft for my essay and doing some new research on model boats and boat signs!

4 comments:

  1. the cookies were good! if your interested in making them, here is the link!

    http://pinterest.com/pin/279912337/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boots are cute and the cookies look awesome! Thanks for the link, I may check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mine weren't exactly the same as the ones from the recipe. they dough was too runny to roll in powder sugar so i just sprinkled some on top before i cooked them. i think i either used too much nutella or the soy butter i used instead of real butter cause the dough to stay runny. but they were still delicious =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am making the cookies tomorrow, the dough is chilling in the refrigerator ... I'll let you know how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete