Friday, December 2, 2011

It's December!!


I can't believe I am almost done with my first semester here! Time goes by too fast. Quite a lot has gone on since I've last posted. 


There was raisin weekend, which I still don't totally understand. But basically you get academic parents and they make you a meal, through parties, make you do all sorts of crazy stuff, and then on Monday they dress you up in costume and take you to the quad to participate in a foam fight! I didn't have parents, which probably worked out for the best since I had an assignment to get done, but I did step out to see the foam fight. This was definitely my favourite out of the costumes I saw =)
 
There was Thanksgiving which was very fun =) Hopefully people enjoyed celebrating one of my favourite holidays for the first time!
 Then there were lots of celebrations going on for St. Andrews Day! I got to go to the castle in town for free. And there were 2 ceilidhs! Here is a video to give you an idea of what the dances are like! 

One ceilidh was free in town after they turned on the Christmas lights, and the other one was on St Andrews Day for post grads and was a bit more formal.
 

 And finally, one of the perks of living in a town where royalty once lived =) Hope everyone is having fun getting ready for Christmas!!

2 comments:

  1. The dance reminds me of a polka. The milk cartons remind me of you and Meggie dressing as half sandwiches at Manual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They don't all look like the polka, but this was the best video I had to share =)

    ReplyDelete